If you’ve decided to nix you’re outdated shower curtains or are just looking to modernize your bathroom then deciding what type of enclosure you want is the first step. There are 3 enclosures you can choose from including: frameless enclosures, semi-frameless enclosures, and framed enclosures.
Frameless Enclosures are typically installed with the use of specifically designed hardware (clamps and hinges) which leave the edges of the glass exposed, hence the name frameless. They have either a bypass or pivot door, with the later being the most popular.
- Sleek, Modern Look
- Easier to Clean
- Show Off the Tile work in your shower
- Makes a small space (ie. your bathroom) look bigger
- Lets in natural light
- Minimalistic so that it doesn’t detract from your bathroom design
- Longer life span
- More expensive than framed showers
- Due to heavy glass a professional must install it
Semi- Frameless Enclosure
Semi-frameless enclosures are a hybrid that is primarily a framed enclosure, while leaving some edges of the glass exposed achieving some of the effect of frameless. The only part that won’t be framed will be by the door handle and the top.
- Cost effective
- More parts for installation
- Outdated look
Framed enclosures use an aluminum frame to capture all edges of the glass, leaving no glass edge exposed.
- Budget Friendly
- Effective At Keeping Water In the Shower
- Limits design options and layout because doors can only open outward
- Dated look
Choose the enclosure that fits best with your bathrooms needs. After you’ve weighed the pros and cons find a trusted professional to install your new shower.