7 Timeless Glass Shower Trends
While shower trends seem to change every few years, there are a few timeless looks that transcend those fads. No matter what your design style, gone are the days of the function-over-fashion bathroom. Homeowners are opting for a more spa-like experience when designing their restroom retreats, and it all starts with the right shower. Keeping that in mind, here are 7 trends that will keep your shower relevant in 2017, and beyond!
Related Blog: Shower Enclosures: The Crown Jewel
- Utilizing seamless clear glass to enclose your shower has a dramatic affect essentially making the whole bathroom feel and look more spacious.
- Some homeowners opt to create a shower door from salvaged glass. For example, some homeowners in Austin utilize shower doors from sources like old factory windows made of tempered glass and steel for a more “industrious” look.
- “Everything is bigger in Texas” seems to be the shower enclosure motto of today. Roomy stalls are taking the design world by storm, and these large showers often include extra features like therapeutic lights and body jets.
- Nowadays, glass enclosures are not limited to the shower area, and can be featured in any area of the bathroom. Separate your tub from the commode with a few clear or frosted glass panels for more privacy.
- Many showers now include seats, such as a bench extending along one wall of the enclosure. After all, what kind of spa would make you stand while enjoying a relaxing shower? Honestly.
- The steam shower is another rising star in the world of shower upgrades as it takes the home-spa concept to the next level. Here's a complete guide to buying a steam shower.
- Roman showers, which include curbless entries, are also a popular option in Austin homes. The exclusion of a curb makes the shower more accessible for users with a range of needs and abilities.
With the many glass shower trends that exist today, finding what you want can be a daunting task. The best way to achieve a shower enclosure that is truly suited to your tastes and specific needs is by working with glass professionals. Arrow Glass & Mirror has served Austin, Texas for over 20 years, and we pride ourselves on our quality of work.
We specialize in offering shower glass that is custom fabricated to fit in your unique space. We also offer tons of options for glass type, enclosure dimensions, and hardware finishes.
Whether you want to surround your freestanding tub with glass, build a frameless glass stall for your steam shower, or simply dress up your existing tub/shower combo by adding glass doors, we have the products and services you need.
Call us at (512) 339-4888 to make your free consultation today!